Note: such error may occur also during the connection via USB cable, CP8/SER2 cable or similar to the PC used for the setup. In such case, the error will be reset at the end of the connection.
The circuit of all power outputs and all data lines of EL.MO. panels, excluded the RS‑485 serial line, features a galvanic isolator that provides isolation against panel earth.
The contact between a line/loop negative and the cable shield will cause a fault signal when grounded.
To reset the error, you shall find the contact point and split the contact.
How to find faulty lines
Disconnect all lines, included loop and serial lines, and reset the panel, then wait for two minutes.
If the short earth GND fault is not reset, the board has been damaged or is defective.
Connect all lines again, one at a time, waiting for two minutes in order to see if the fault reappears before proceeding with the next line.
If the fault reappears, control the last line connected, as indicated below.
When the line is restored completely, reconnect the remaining lines waiting for two minutes between one and the next one. When the fault reappears, it means that the last line reconnected is faulty and needs reparing.
Find lines faults
Instead of looking for a fault device by device, it is usefult to use the bisection method, that is dividing the line in half and identifying the half where the fault is, then going on by dividing the half containing the fault in half until the fault is found.
Below are detailed points that illustrate the procedure.
- Individuate a device positioned around the half of the line (considering the amount of connected devices and not cables length) and disconnect the line after such device.
- Reconnect the line and verify the presence of the fault.
- If the fault persists, the problem is before the interruption. There may be a problem also after the interruption, therefore such part shall remain disconnected (it is advisable to write down interruption position).
- If the fault has disappeared, the problem is after the interruption. Restore last interruption.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 searching the half of the faulty part just found. You will analyse one quarter of the line, then one eighth, and so on until you will identify the single cable section with fault or connected wrongly.
- Once the fault has been found and fixed, reconnect the line sections disconnected one by one, starting from the interruption nearest to the beginning of the line (that is, from last interruption performed). If the fault appears again, this means that there is another earth-ground short-circuit fault: repeat steps 1 and 2 searching the half of the faulted part
The following diagram is an example with several faults, illustrating also the steps made to individuate them all
In grey colour the part that is working properly, in black colour the part with faults, line cuts represent the part temporarily disconnected.
- Faulty lines.
- Identification of the half of the line and division in two parts. The fault persists on the connected part.
- Identification of the half of the part with the fault and division in two parts. The fault resets: the problem was on the part just disconnected.
- Reconnection of the part disconnected at step 3, identification of the half and division in two parts. The fault appears again: it is on the part just reconnected.
- Identification of the half of the part with the fault and division in two parts. The fault resets but only one part is disconnected: fault found. Fixing of the fault and reconnection of the fixed part (when the fixing is correct, the fault disappears).
- Reconnection of the part disconnected at step 4. The fault appears again: there is a fault on the part just reconnected.
- Identification of the half of the part with the fault and division in two parts. The fault persists but only one part has yet to be confirmed as working properly: fault found. Fixing of the fault and reconnection of the fixed part (when the fixing is correct, the fault disappears).
- Reconnection of the line part disconnected at step 7. The fault does not appear again.
- Reconnection of the line part disconnected at step 2. The fault does not appear again. All line faults have been reset/fixed.
FX/10 FX/20 FX/50 FXPRO FXUP TA1002 TA1004 TA2000 TA4000 TACORA TACÓRA FAULT